Monday, May 9, 2011

The Birthday Boy

Nick and Gaby's birthdays always start with them opening their family gifts when they get up. If it's not on a weekend, they do that before school. And since Nick started high school, that's pretty early. He's out the door by 6:40. So we were up with him, around six, to watch him open his gifties!

Truthfully, I think Nick would just as soon sleep in a bit and do this after school. But right now, I'm sure Gaby wouldn't hear of it. I think she was up before Nick was!


He doesn't look too awake here, does he?!


A Team Canada jersey from Dad.


A Claude Giroux jersey from Gaby. Sensing a theme here?

Big Flyers fan, our boy. And I can tell you for a fact that this is his favourite gift. Giroux is his favourite player. Gaby, knowing that, informed me months ago that she wanted to use her own money to get Nick this jersey. Locally, they're really expensive. But thanks to the wonders of the internet, we were able to find something more affordable, more within Gaby's budget. And Nick loved it!


The birthday boy had his choice of meal and cake. He requested a cookie cake, and home made pizza for supper. 


If you look closely, you'll see that Nick is holding a thermometer in his left hand. While the reading isn't legible in the photo, he was showing us his temperature of over 101 F. Not the way you want to spend your 16th birthday, poor guy! Jess, Nick's girlfriend, left right after dinner, and Nick had a long hot bath and watched the Flyers lose their game 3. Calls from Manon, Nathan and Pier were the highlight of the evening -- fantastic hearing from all of them!

And don't you know, the day after Nick's birthday, I found the files that I was looking for, with the baby and toddler photos that I had wanted to use in my last post.  Couldn't resist -- one more of my sweetie pie!

Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment