Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy 16 Nick!!

 Every year, I relive these special days, the night before my children's birthdays. The story of their birth has been told to Nick and Gaby every year on the eve of their day, for as long as they've been old enough to understand. Up to last year, Nick was still interested in sharing it. This year, he was tired, so we didn't spend any time going over the details. He did inform me that he could tell ME the story of his birth, if I was interested! I'm thrilled that he now has a memory of something that he couldn't possibly have recalled on his own!
From this:


(bad scan -- sorry!)

To this: 


(7 year old at the zoo)

To this:


In the blink of an eye. Truly.

What an honour and blessing to have been chosen to be your mother Nick. You make life richer, infinitely better. I am so proud to call you my son. How'd I get to be so lucky?

You rock Nick!



In SO many ways!

Big big big love!


1 comment:

  1. He is such a rockstar!
    Happy birthday Nick!
    I asked Isis where he got this fly-like star wars guy from the other day, and he said, "Nick gave it to me!"
    Cute.

    ReplyDelete