Thursday, December 30, 2010

52 Lists for 2010 - List 52

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We did and are enjoying a White Christmas Week here in Winnipeg. The only complaint I have is the super duper slooooowww internet, which is one of the reasons I'm posting this so late. I should have written the post before we left, rather than planning on doing it here. Crossing my fingers and hoping I'll be able to share this, the last list for 2010!


Gessoed a piece of Christmas advertising from Bath and Body Works, wrote the title with a soft charcoal pencil, then went over it with wet brush to intensify the colour. Thanks to Donna D for that one. I did the stripes in water colours, then went over it with shimmery water colours that I used on the back side. I like the shimmer on the back, but not as crazy about it on the front.



My list, both past and present. I like this side better, with the shimmery water colours. Inspiration to paint from Julie FFB -- thanks Julie!!

Speaking of Julie, she's starting "Art Journal Every Day" in the new year and invites everyone to play along. I'll post the link soon. Any downloads are taking me forever right now -- should check into an upgrade for the internet here.

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hoot hoot! Well done Sherri!
    And I am loving all that delicious paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherri!
    You said you had fallen behind on your other blog and then I stumbled upon this (bright! and colourful! and creative! one) How lovely.
    I was going to send you this 30 day challenge of photographs, since i knew you were quite a photographer, but it looks like you thirty and fifty two and a hundred -challenge yourself all over the place.

    If you want just one more, I posted the 30 day challenge on my work blog. There was one floating around facebook but it was mostly about pictures not taken by one's self, so I made one up.

    Let me know if you do it!
    xo
    www.sweetsangha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. From Amanda:)

    ReplyDelete