Thursday, March 17, 2011

Art Journaling for March

February and March, actually. These are pages I did the week that Julien left. And speaking of Julien, I don't know why the post I wrote about his visit came out so wonky. Everytime I created a subtitle, the first paragraph that followed was blank on the actual post. Not sure why that happened. If anyone has more blogger expertise and might know why, I'd love to know!


For these pages, I used gel medium as per Julie, who recently mentioned using it for collage. It's similar to mod podge but doesn't dry sticky, so I think that will be my go-to product for collaging also. Thanks for that Julie! I attached a ticket that Marc had brought home from his recent travels, and some torn pieces of newspaper. I added colour with Grumbacher transluscent water colours and I like the way the colours looked on the gel medium. I didn't cover the entire page with the gel medium. There was just residue from adhering the pieces and the paint over that residue left an interesting finish. I also used a couple of stamps from ElvieStudio I found Lori through Julie's AJED group and ordered several of her stamps from her etsy shop. I also used some TH stamps on this page. Some FC Pitt pens for colouring and journaling. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment