Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank You Julie!

Last Friday I had the honour and pleasure of guest posting on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog, Balzer Designs . Shortly after signing on to participate in Julie's Art Journal Every Day I received an email from her, asking if I would be interested in a guest post on the subject of my 52 lists that I was finishing up last month. I was thrilled! Not sure what I was doing, but I was thrilled! I'd never done a guest post before -- this was my first.

The process of creating the post was enjoyable, and what a thrill to see it Friday morning. And the comments. The comments were the frosting! So kind and sweet and supportive and from so many different places. Very cool, though I'm not sure why. I mean, I read blogs written by people in Australia, England, The Netherlands. So why is it so exciting to read comments and find out they're from people in places like Australia and Europe? I dunno, but is really is pretty cool!

I haven't taken as much time as I would like on all of the new blogs that I've discovered, both through guest posting and participating in AJED. I could learn from Julie, who wrote today that she had already visited 300 of the 400 or so blogs of the participants. Isn't that incredible?!

She's so involved and giving so much time to this. Those of us joining her on this journey are so fortunate to have her at the helm. We're not even a month into it and  we're already forging a cohesive and supportive group for our art journaling. It's so much more fun to have places like the flickr group to share and discuss and encourage and learn and be inspired.

So grateful. Thanks again Julie!!

(inside front cover of my art journal)

Oh yeah, my guest post !


2 comments: