Monday, April 19, 2010

A Message to Nick

Nick, you're a teenager, and as such, like to spend time with your friends. Or in your room. Playing guitar. Playing music. Doing homework. You prefer your space to our space. I get it. That's why I like times like Monday nights when House is on, so we can share that time in front of the TV. Now, with your weekly allergy shots, I get that time with you too. Not your first choice, I know. Not mine either. But it's an hour and some that I can count on.

I also love when you join me to drive Gaby somewhere, or come along to kill time while she's at a practice. Hanging out at Barnes and Noble with you is fun.

But these moments with you don't add up to as much time as I spend with Gaby. That's just the nature of your ages. And so, I don't post as many photos of you here. Or stories. I don't share as many moments or stories with you now as I did when you were nine. You grow older and more independent. It's what you're supposed to do.

I need you to know this, for the times that you visit here. I don't want you thinking I love her more! She's my favourite daughter, and you're my favourite son. Always have been and always will be. That's the way it is.




(photo April 2009 -- we really do have to get more photos together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment