Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This Is NOT A Snow Storm!




Check it out. MAYBE, an inch of snow overnight. This is what we woke up to. And this is what the news and weather folks keep referring to as a snow storm. ????? Now, it was enough to have the UDSD call for late arrival, which is a 2 hour delayed start. The phone rings before 6 a.m. with a lovely pre-recorded message from our superintendent, telling us school will be starting two hours later, due to the weather. I get up, shut off three alarms, usually make a stop in the loo, take my synthroid, and then I'm awake. I also wonder if many of the high school girls are already awake and primping by the time Dr. Pladus' call comes in.

 I mean, Nick leaves for the bus at 6:40 a.m., and lately, hasn't been getting up til 6:20. But he showers the night before, so all he does is get dressed, eat, and sometimes make a lunch. But the girls are doing hair and make up  in addition to the usual morning things. I think Dr. Pladus should be calling just a big earlier.
This morning, my kids did go back to sleep for a little while. Nick awoke again at 7, forgot about the late arrival and thought he had overslept. Both Nick and Gaby were still up fairly early -- we stayed in bed later than they did! And at least they took it easy during that extra time at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment