Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day Last


I may or may not have taken this photo on Sunday morning. Most mornings in Winnipeg looked like this while we were there. As a matter of fact, we've been home for over a week, and it's still raining there. To the point where it's a grave concern. Crops are in serious jeopardy and when the rain finally lets up, in 3 or 4 days they forecast, there will be a grace period of about a week before the skeeters come out in full force. With all of that standing water in all of those ditches and flat prairies, they'll be deadly.

But while that was going on outside, we were happy to get more family time inside. Linda dropped by for a quick coffee.




And some hugs!



And hugs from Manon too!  She and Pier and the bubs and Nathan and Maddie all came for a quick visit before we headed back to their end of town for a birthday party!



So nice to get a few more hours with them!



I have this same picture taken 9 months ago. It's funny how much more excited I get about photos of these sweethearts when the opportunities are few and far between.



Marc and I didn't plan our matchy matchy outfits. They do make a great backdrop for the bubs, don't they?



The more kids you add to a picture, and the more pictures you take, the greater your chances of getting a bad picture. And once it increased to five, I couldn't get a good photo!

This is the first time I had the opportunity to photograph Maddie, as it was the first time we met her. She looks so much like Nathan it's uncanny. I'll have to find some good toddler pictures of him. We have a badge on the bulletin board in the kitchen, with a photo of Nathan from his baseball years. He couldn't have been much more than 5 or 6 in that picture, and it shows so clearly the resemblance between the two of them. In the chaos of the day and with just meeting her for the first time, I wasn't able to get a photo of just the two of them. I'll have to see if Nathan can send me one. I'd love to post it and share the story of the two of them. He's grown up to be a  fine young man and we're so very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment